Dr. Bahram Golshan
Associate Professor, Computer Science
- 570.320.2400 ext. 7139
- ATHS, Rm.E238
- Ph.D. – Mathematics - Pennsylvania State University
- M.S. – Mathematics - Edinboro University
- B.S. – Mathematics - Jundi Shapour University, Ahwaz, Iran
- Associate Professor – Pennsylvania College of Technology - 2003-present
- Responsibilities included teaching programming and networking courses. Have designed, created, and taught courses in: programming language using C++ and Java,database PL/SQL, database administration, Intro to gaming, advanced game design, computer graphics, Unix and System programming.
- Assistant Professor – Lycoming College - 1989-2003
- Responsibilities included developing and maintaining the computer science program. While I served as the department chair, the program was revised to offer the B.S. degree in computer science in addition to the existing B.A. degree. The program was wwwed completely to follow the established ACM guidelines. Responsibilities included teaching mathematics and computer science courses.
- Assistant Professor – Pennsylvania State University, Shenango Valley - 1984-1988
- Responsibilities included teaching a variety of math courses including Basic Algebra, Calculus I-III, Differential Equations, and Matrix Algebra.
Academic Subjects of Interest
- Programming and software engineering
- Database maintenance, programming,and design
- Computer gaming and simulation
- Computer graphics